The Balm products | Review

četvrtak, siječnja 29, 2015


theBalm cosmetics boasts a complete line of makeup, skin care, hair care and nail polish. With a "beauty in five minutes" philosophy, theBalm's multi-use, mega fabulous products have become its calling card, offering quick fixes and wondrous solutions for a wide range of beauty wants and needs. The company's wearable colors and fantastic formulas allow women to release their inner artist so they can look and feel fabulous. In 2004, Marissa Shipman, founder of theBalm, realized there were a few simple products she needed to help her look and feel glam all the time-and if she needed them, other women did too... Marissa decided to indulge her cosmetic curiosities and went to Amazon where she bought 11 books on how to make makeup and started mixing in her kitchen. "I went makeup crazy. I incorporated the company, worked out a budget, hired a chemist and designed a website." She began integrating anti-aging ingredients, triple-milled pigments, fabulous scents...and theBalm was born. Fast forward ten years, you can now find theBalm's Paraben and Cruelty-Free products worldwide.

Follow their instagram page @thebalmeu | www.thebalm.com

Mary - Lou Manizer 

This is by far one of my favourite items in my makeup kit and the best highlighter I have used . The glow you can get from this product is amazing and I have got compliments on my skin quite a few times - it makes you look flawless. I never used to use highlighters until a couple years ago (and I was initially sceptical of whether this would make much of a difference) and this has changed my makeup routine. I use this lightly on top of my foundation, bronzer/blush on the top of my cheekbones - and it just makes my skin pop so much more.

I find the golden creamy tone of the highlighter is so flattering and blends into my light to medium coloured skin. It is so pigmented unlike some other highlighters I have tried but there is still so much product in the pan that it lasts ages so it is so worth the buy! 






                                                    Pretty Smart Lip Gloss - "Snap"




 These lip glosses feature a wide range of shades that make a statement without saying a word. 
"Smart-mouthed" takes on a new meaning with this unique formula fortified with Ginseng, a powerful antioxidant known for its mentally stimulating properties. 
Wear alone or over lipstick for a sexy shine and fuller looking lips!


                                  Rockstar Palette - Balm Jovi



It is the best multi use palette I own, since it not only comes with 12 amazing eyeshadows, but also a highlighter, a blush and 2 lip products all enclosed in a cute cardboard palette that is super sleek
The balm has flash sales once in a while and they are featured on hautelook often..so if you can get your hands on this palette at a discounted price its excellent value for money! for 18 to 19 $ your getting an array of buttery smooth eyeshadows, blush , highlighter and 2 lip products as shown below. I love the mirror too!!
The cream products have a separate flap to protect them from any powder fallout from the shadows and face products..which is a nice thing done by the Balm.

I feel that the eyeshadow shades in this palette can compliment any eye color and skin tone. They are quite versatile and wearable! As with all the products from The Balm, the eyeshadows all have fun band names reflecting the theme of the palette :) The shades have been classified as Heavy Metal, Classical and Alternative Rock. All the Classical shades are matte. Now lets take a look at them closely!





The heavy metal shadows consist of Metal-ica: shimmery silver shade, Iron Maid-in: soft gold shade, Lead Zeppelin: Green shade with chunky gold glitter and Alice Copper: Burnt plum shimmer shade. All of these have a smooth and creamy texture with the exception of  Lead Zeppelin. In fact, this is the only shade that really disappointed me in this palette! It looks really pretty in the pan but it has terrible fall out and has a gritty texture too.
Like I mentioned before, this set of shadows is matte in texture but they still have a lovely creamy texture. Adagio: cream shade, Allegro: a nice matte transition brown shade, Moderato: Lovely deep purple and Presto: neutral deep brown. All of these apply really well and blend seamlessly.


 These have a satin finish to them in my opinion with the exception of Blink 1982 which is a nude shade with glitter. The stroke looks like a deep dark midnight blue in the pan but swatches almost like black. I really like the shade Rem which is a lavender shade with gold undertones. Unfortunately, my swatch doesn’t do this shade any justice! Third eye blinded is a nice peach champagne shade. Lets now move on to the other goodies in this palette!
The first swatch is the lovely highlighter called disco diso. This is pretty much the same thing as their famous Mary Lou minizer. (previous review)

Overall, I love this palette. I find myself packing this palette whenever I leave town and also reach for it otherwise . Many a times when companies combine multiple stuff into one palette there will be many misses..but here I like 99% of the stuff in the palette. Do you own the Balm Jovi Palette? What are your thoughts? :)

                                      Schwing - Black liquid eyeliner 




This is the best liquid eyeliner I have ever used. It is sooo black and matte it is just amazing. The brush is felt tip which makes it easy to use! It's not waterproof so it's easy to take it off. Amazing!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Like us on Facebook